Saturday, January 28, 2017

Monday I woke hunched over in stomach cramps and I was not about to shovel out the car so we took a personal snow day. Tuesday the school district called an actual snow day so I still haven't worked a full week and I am exhausted. The school issued a photo contest for reading on a snow day and we had fun submitting pictures with snowmen and snowforts. Cross your fingers we win the $50 amazon card. Wednesday my middle child stayed home and I felt like the worst mother going to work and leaving her in bed. But I think that was her plan because she brought her whole bed to the couch by the time I got home and was binge watching tv. So I ran grocery shopping with little man and then went visiting with a sister in the ward. When I came home I about cried, a kind neighbor brought home his farming tractor to scrape our driveway. Little acts of kindness go a long way. We helped his sister out of her driveway on Monday. It feels like a community getting everyone sane in this white stuff. Thursday was chaotic. After work/school I had activity days (8-11 yr olds meet and work on goals and be silly at church) then I came home did dinner and went to a relief society auction. I was a little stressed about going to an auction until I showed up and was given Monopoly money. I took some home decor I no longer use but stash anyways and came home with four giant cinnamon rolls yum. Friday ... you'd think I'd remember what I did yesterday. Okay it came to me. I made chicken lasagna and a friend called and said she had made extra spud it dough so I ran and we had fun making doughnuts. Today there is a church sledding party on the ball fields. But most importantly it is Rar Day. I miss living close by all of her favorite things, it was so easy to do things in her memory with my mom. But the celebration will still go on!!' This is the tenth year I've spent your birthday without you. Ten seems like such a monumental milestone that I never wanted to reach. But I know we will have eternity together when it is my time to join the celebration in heaven but I am nowhere near to be ready for that... so I will wear a little pink eyeshadow today (because really no one can pull off a lot, don't know how she did it) and cry a little and laugh a lot.








No comments:

Post a Comment