I have been searching for a tall square coffee table. Not too picky right? When this beauty posted on a hoard sale on my Facebook from Shabby Bride I knew I had to beg for an early release to me! So she gave me twenty minutes to get somewhere there and my dad was closest. And yay! He took it apart and shoved it in his car for me and haggled it to twenty dollars! I am trouble sometimes. I wanted to try the new rage chalk paint and there is only one store that sales it here. And man it can break the bank. My opinion love the no sanding thing and the texture it leaves. But the wax and fancy wax brush I shouldn't have wasted my money. I waxed the table and it felt tacky for a couple days so I wondered if I put too thick of a layer. But every tutorial I found asked for multiple thin layers, so I figured it would go away which it did. But it still felt waxy and then reading the can, to wash the piece I would have to use a spray cleaner and then wax again. Psh! Who wants to keep doing that. So I used a water based sealer and it is good for life, or until my kids kill it.




I used St Louis blue Annis Sloan paint, in my driveway at 10pm in the dark because my ambition has to be used on the spot or forget about it. When I brought it in it was beautiful and then I found this is my delirium.
Then the same week I decided to finish painting my bathroom cabinets..
And make a pallet wall for the kids/spare bathroom. My husband played along rather then argue with me. And he secretly loves it because he actually has pictures of it on his phone and Instagram haha.
It took one large and one small pallet, which I randomly painted green, mustard wood stain and then the rest is natural. I then put a thick layer of polyurethane all over it to seal the splinters to itself rather than me. Then the next day my dad came over and screwed the pallet wood to the plywood and then to the wall and Voila!!! Bathroom one
And bathroom two with my antique mirror I bought for twenty dollars
Now I am working on my hoard sale chairs
What do you think? I am project crazy!
Love them all! I wish I knew how to do all that stuff... Or had the patience to learn...
ReplyDelete