Wednesday, September 4, 2013

mini vacay

I had this crazy idea to run away for the weekend. So we loaded the van in the rain and headed to St. George, Utah. 

 Our first stop was Sand Hollow. I made my husband proud by getting in a kayak. The secret you see is to put a six year old on your lap and have her paddle hehe. We had fun chasing the baby ducks and watching them run on the water. I laughed a good real laugh, and it was just what I needed. I only screamed twice, when waves ripples off of a near by boat causing the little floating device I was sitting in to toss back and forth. Unnerving. We had a picnic in the wind and covered ourselves in red dirt. Even the van enjoyed off roading in it. We had all of the children crossing their fingers that we wouldn't get stuck! Because dragging the two kayaks from our safe parking space to the water was torture and we were not about to drag them back. .. walking in the sand. .. tugging a handle rope. . . with a kayak full of an ice chest, towels etc. . . you get the picture.





It was just simple bliss. Can you hear my deep sigh of relief. I needed to let go of reality with going back to work and school and waiting for the paychecks to rain in, you know the feeling. Big sigh, go!




No comments:

Post a Comment